What a Journey for baby

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

16w 2d U/S Update....

Well after walking what felt like miles expecially with a full about to burst baldder, I make it into the Ultrasound clinic were DH is waiting for me. I go up to the desk and asked can I drian my bladder some she smiles and said your "overfull" I said yup bursting she said do you know the drill(pee in a little dixie till it is full then stop) Yes I only know that to well..lol

As we were waiting DH & I were playing Hangman on his Palm Pilot (I was not doing very well) My mum and stepdad showed up (I asked them if they would come and see there grand baby)

We only waited about 10min when a lady called my name, I got up and started towards her then said to DH are you coming he was like oh I come too. We sit in this little room while she asks me all the questions if all is up to date (which it was I was only here 4w ago) then she says follow me DH asks me too she said yes your part of this little creation too. So again we sit in this little 2foot by 2foot dressing room waiting again... I kept coughing because of this lovely cold I have actually it feels like I swallowed sand paper.

I hear my name being called we get up follow the tech in to the room, A Doctor was also waiting and asked me if I know why I was here since they normally don't do a scan till 18w (i'm 16w3d) 9Do they not read what is sent to them, it will tell them everything) I said my Dr wants to keep an eye on my cervix and I also had a 19w loss and this being my 6th pregnancy with no live babies they are keeping a closer eye on me. He said Oh understandable then. then he said so then it is more less a scan to measure cervix and fluid. I said yes, but could I get some pictures too we have had picture with every scan so far...she and the Dr look at each other and both yes yes we can do that. As I was getting on the bed I asked that my mum is here can she and my stepdad come in and see too? She said sure go get them now and DH did.

As the tech put the wand on my tummy you could see baby right away, everyones eyes were glued to the TV screen (there is a screen on the wall aswell as the computer) the tech comeneted on my uterus by saying my you are way over to the left. Then she went on saying I scan beautifully that it will be great to get the measurements. She showed us babys head which measures great. She said baby looks great fluid looks great there is lots of it. I then asked her if she could tell the sex now? She yes sometimes yes and your scanning so great lets look, then she said you want to know? I said yes and then we hear DH & grandpa yell out it looks like a BOY! The tech smiled and said yes it looks to be that way..lol... but don't quote me 100% get them to check again on your next u/s. (which is June 6th).

The tech went on measuring and told us that baby (he) is measuring 16weeks 5day when I am actually 16w2d. The relief that went over me was joy and I thanked the angels above. He is also weighing about 6oz.

here is the email I sent out to my sisters and close friends:

Hi it is me again

They say I look like a boy! I even heard Daddy & grandpa yell out a BOY! (they scared me) I tried to hide it but that thing caught me, they are sneaky....I was so embarrassed I tried to hide my face................
the lady said she is not 100% to make sure next time....there is going to be a next time!!!

The lady said I am symmetrical? what does that mean....she even tried to shake me up but I held on tight.
Mommy is happy I measure 2days ahead at 16weeks 5days instead of 16w3d I weight about 6oz


come see me again (even my boy part) you can even see how I am making mummys tummy stick out...


</a </a
</a
To see more click the link below

http://img82.imageshack.us/img_viewer.php?g=cca36eb.jpg








Yvette A @ 10:39 a.m. : comments: 0 Comments: 0



Post a Comment
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com