What a Journey for baby

Thursday, May 19, 2005

2nd OB appointment

was today at 4pm.

I get there and they have yo pee in a cup to check your levels (can't remember what they are called) I could not remember which way to hold the stick after I dip it, you have to hold it up to the container to see the color level you are so I had to walk out to the nurse with my little pee stick in hand for her to show me and it turned out normal. I weighed 53.0 kilograms(116lbs) I think that is 2lbs more from last appointment. my blood pressure is 120/74 Nurse side ah really good bp I said the is high for me...lol I am ussually in the 104-109 range.

I go sit in the waiting room to wait for Dh. DH shows I tell nurse she takes us into a room to wait again for the Dr. O.. Only a few minutes go by when he knocks on the door caomes in asking How I am doing.? I said pretty good. He looks at my chart says so your 15w? I said no 17w tomorrow. he said really they have 15w here. I said they are wrong. He takes of the cycle wheel ask when my last cycle was I say Jan 22 but I know I ovulated on Feb 4th. So he checks the wheel and so well you are right then he starts to read my chart again then says to me I thought you had a unicornuate uterus? I yes I do. He said well the wrote down a Bi-cornuate uterus. (I'm thinking my gosh people do not read well because when I went to the u/s place it said right on the form a unicornuate uterus!)

He said Ok then lets hear the heart beat. I lay down pull my shirt up he presses around on my tummy and says you definantly are a UU you are way to the left way over, then he asked about my scare and said is that from the ectopic? I said yes he said looks like it is smiling. As he put the doppler on my tummy searching for the heart beat which he was having trouble with, I mention that I have a doppler at home & I forgot to check this morning. He was like you have a doppler at home, he seem surprized. I said yes I do a friend is lending to me and it sure eases the mind, he smiled said that good as he was still trying to find the heart beat could not find it so he stops says I have an easier way we will take a look at it. Out he goes to get the u/s machine as he was rolling it in he ask (jokingly) do you have one of these at home too? We just laughed and he said they are only about 50,000.00 dallors...lol.
Sets the machine up puts the wand on my tummy and whala there is baby heart beating and all Dr just says well way could I not find it? He showed DH & I baby for a few more seconds as baby (I should say Orion) was kicking and punching he way back. Orions head is down it was up on Mondays U/S. I said well atleast I know he can still move around in there. As the Dr was puting the machine away I asked if my uterus was up front, the Dr said thats normal, then I said because that will prevent me from feeling most movements right? He kind of looked at me funny, then DH said I think you mean your placenta. I said what did I say they both said uterus, I just laughed because I was embarressed the Dr just said ah your Pregnant you tend to forget more things..lol


Dr said to come back in 4w, then DH said well we have only made it to 19w the Dr then said right come back in 2w.

I really don't think anyone reads the charts or even rights in them properly, Now I know why they keep repeating the same questions over & over & over again.

So so far so good.
Yvette A @ 6:15 p.m. : comments: 0 Comments: 0



Post a Comment
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com