What a Journey for baby

Friday, June 17, 2005

IVIG today (only 2 more left)

21 weeks today! I can not believe it two more IVIG's and I will be 28w along I still can not believe I am this far and Orion is so active I just love it. I ended up being in a room with a bunch of seniors and they kept checking me out you could see it in there eyes wondering why is she here.

The nurses came in they put a warm cloth around my left wrist to prepare the veins, then she got the Gamma with the saline drip ready hooked it all up then uncovered my hand and inserted the needle (I will say they are good at it because 8 time out of 10 I do not feel them do it, I even watch them.) they always say here is a poke and well I am waiting ... lol. When the nurse was done she asked how everything was going and how far I was, when I told her I was 21weeks she said wow you a hardly show (meanwhile I am think yes I am showing I can not fit into my regular clothes and my belly does stick out, I want to be showing, I want to show the world)

I finished my book while there "No One To Trust" by Iris Johansen. She is a good author I enjoy reading her books.

After my IVIG I went to the mall to look for a b-day gift for my Nephew "T" he is turning 12yrs on Saturday. I ended up going in to Thyme Maternity and tried on some jeans and tops but as I was looking at the clothes on the rack the sales lady (who is very good by the way) came up and asked to help me, then she asked the loaded question "Is this your 1st pregnancy?" I looked at her and said "well, no, not really (long pause) this is my 6th pregnancy but 1st baby" She looks at me and says "You have had 5 miscarriages?" "Were they all early losses? I'm sorry to hear that" I said "No, not all early and it is something you learn to deal with and keep trucking alone" She smiled and said "Good for you." .... I never really know what to say in these situations when people ask if this is my 1st pg or baby.
I find I am getting asked that question much more often now, and every time all my little angels go thru my head.


I can not say yes to that because I feel like I am betraying my other pg's. I always respond "No, not 1st pg but 1st baby to get this far." Then you see the question in there eyes and I just don't want to explain it to them but yet I cannot say no..... I am pretty open about my journey and I do find it opens doors for others to talk.

I walked out of the store with 2 pairs of pants and 2 tops spent more then I wanted to.....(that is why she was good, she kept bringing me clothes to try on.. lol) She to also said I was not showing to much....( I just want to say YES I am showing!!! ... LOL)

--

I also bought DH a "Father to be, Fathers day card" Telling him he is going to be a great daddy to this little boy. Because he is understanding, positive looks for the good in all and also sensitive.


Yvette A @ 6:06 p.m. : comments: 2 Comments: 2

12:54 p.m.  
Blogger Sheri: Aw Yvette, I think I must have PMS real bad - your post made me bawl my head off. I think it was the part about what do you say when people ask if this is your 1st? You don't want to say yes becuase it feels like you're not giving the importance to your angels and if you say no, then they want nore info. It's a hard question to be asked. We get it to about our dd, and she is adopted but I don't want to explain it to everyone either. I think that why your post had me crying. Reliving frustration in that question.

Continued good wishes to Orion. Everything sounds wonderful!

7:53 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous: Well done on a nice blog Blogger. I was looking for information on pregnancy symptoms and came across your post IVIG today (only 2 more left) - not quite what I was looking for related to pregnancy symptoms but interesting all the same!



Post a Comment
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com